This notice is to let you know how I look after your personal information. This includes the information you give me and the information I record of my contact(s) with you and also the permissions you give me about what marketing information you want me to send you.
I am committed to protecting your privacy. I will only use the information that I collect about you lawfully (in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations 25th May 2018).
I am registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, reference ZA480335.
I promise to:
· Keep your data safe and private
· Not to sell your data
· Give you ways to manage and review your marketing choices at any time
· Hold your data securely in accordance with the law.
The Law regarding Personal Information
· Legal duty
· Legitimate interest
· You consent to it
Ways I may use your Personal information
· Use of information
· Reasons for use
· Legitimate interests
· Service Delivery
· Ensure that I deliver training in an appropriate manner recognising your individual needs and requirements
· Meet your best interest and support
· To ensure training is appropriate for you at this time
· To keep an updated record of my work with you
· To continue to support you appropriately
· To show I treated you fairly. To maintain records as required by law with regard to my intervention with you
· To respond to any questions or complaints
· Ensure quality of service
· Meet your best interest and support
· To keep you informed of courses and forthcoming events and materials
· To continue to support you
Type of Personal Information
· Contact: Where you live and how to contact you
· Age: To ensure appropriate consent
· Medical history: To understand your needs
· Consents: To ensure I am sending you information that you have asked for
You provide data when you:
· Make an enquiry
· Apply to one of my courses
· Attend one of my courses or sessions
· Interact with me on social media
· Agree to take part in research
· Provide me with services
If you choose not to give me personal information it may prevent me from working effectively and safely with you. In this instance I would be unable to enter into a working relationship with you.
Sharing your Data
I do not share your information with third parties unless you have given your permission to do so or there is a legal requirement to do so such as protection of yourself or others if I feel there is a risk, or I receive a legal request for your records.
I share your information only with those you have given me permission to contact, for example your doctor (unless required to by law for the purpose of safeguarding yourself or others).
I will only send you information that you have agreed to receive. You may remove yourself from any mailing list, newsletter circulation or email from me at any point you choose.
Storing your Data
All data will be stored securely and in line with legal requirements.
I will store your clinical information for a maximum of 7 years after my last contact with you. Enquiries and applications that you make and then do not choose to follow up on will be stored for 12 months. You may request these to be destroyed ahead of this timescale.
If you wish me to delete, remove or stop using your personal information I will do so on request as long as there is no legal or justifiable need for me to keep it. This is known as the ‘right to object’ or ‘right to erasure’ or the ‘right to be forgotten’.
You may withdraw your consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent I will be unable to provide services to you. Please contact me if you wish to withdraw your consent. You should understand that when exercising your rights, other legislation and requirements may take precedence over any request you make (for example my insurers insist I keep all clinical records for at least 7 years). In addition, where necessary I may be required by law to grant access to your data for law enforcement, legal and/or health related matters.
How to get a copy of your Personal Information
Please send me an email at requesting a copy of your personal information. I will provide the information to you within 28 days.
If you believe the information held by me, about you, is wrong or incomplete please contact me. I will take reasonable steps to check its accuracy and correct it.